At a time when General Motors is preaching about ‘going green’ you don’t except one of the Vice Presidents of the company to say that global warming is a crock. The always outspoken Bob Lutz has once again undoubtedly sent the PR crew at General Motors into a frenzy after comments he made at a lunch in the DFW area with Dallas-based D Magazine: Global warming is a “total crock of ****.”
So why then is GM motivated to go green, and have all HUMMER’s run on biofuels by 2010? While not responding to HUMMERs in particular, Lutz made his viewpoint on global warming known: “I’m a skeptic, not a denier. Having said that, my opinion doesn’t matter…I’m motivated more by the desire to replace imported oil than by the CO2 (argument).”
The reduction of foreign oil is top of mind for this ex-marine turned GM top dog – I wonder what the official response will be? We’ll let you know!
- Live Video: Bob Lutz’s Speech at the LA Auto Show
- Bob Lutz: Chevy Volt could run on HUMMER Power
- HUMMER H2 has Tree Huggers fired up
- GM’s VP of Global Design Thanks Online Community for Comments on Hummer H3
- Cadillac calls on Hummer’s Ad Agency