GM’s Chief Operating Officer Fritz Henderson said this morning that GM is considers the sale of HUMMER urgent and hopes to unload the brand by early 2009.
“We are trying to approach this (Hummer sale) on an urgent basis,” said Henderson, according to Reuters. “End of this year is a fair amount of time. It can conceivably happen … but if it takes us to early next year, that is okay, too,” he added.
Henderson also reiterated CEO Rick Wagoner’s remarks about having several interested parties, but declined to mention any by name. “We are working quickly. It will be premature to mention something.”
- Fritz Henderson Stepping Down as GM CEO
- GM CEO Confirms Three Bidders for HUMMER Brand
- GM Confirms HUMMER Announcement Delay
- General Motors Arranging HUMMER Sales Docs
- GM Reiterates HUMMER has Interested Buyers