Full release after the jump. Congrats to Team HUMMER on the great race and record breaking season!
DETROIT – Team HUMMER concluded the 2008 desert racing season with its second hat-trick of the year as it swept the stock classes at the December 6, Best In the Desert (BITD) Racing Association’s FabTech Desert Classic 2008 season finale.
Once again, Chad Hall and the H3 Alpha were the first stock class vehicle to cross the finish line, earning a class victory in the stock full SUV (4100) class. Josh Hall and the H2 SUT secured the stock full truck (8100) class victory, finishing just five seconds behind his brother. Team owner and family patriarch, Rod Hall, earned his fifth BITD class victory of 2008, racing his H3 to a stock mini (3100) class win.
The victories also secured the team’s sweep of all three BITD stock class season championships, adding to the pair of SCORE International stock class season championships secured at the 2008 Baja 1000. With a total of five class season championships, 2008 marks the most successful year for HUMMER Racing since the team was founded in 1993.
“In a sport where just finishing the race is an accomplishment, our ability to win every class championship this season demonstrates the strength of the Hummer vehicles and the determination of our entire team,” said Hall.
2008 Team HUMMER season highlights include:
· Rod Hall wins SCORE International and BITD stock mini class season championship in the H3.
· Chad Hall wins SCORE International and Best In the Desert stock full season championship in the H3 Alpha’s inaugural season.
· Josh Hall wins Best in the Desert stock full truck season championship in H2 SUT’s first complete season.
· Team HUMMER becomes the first team to sweep stock class championships in both SCORE and BITD in the same season.
· A HUMMER was the first stock class vehicle to finish in eight of 10 races in 2008, including the Baja 500 and Baja 1000.