Even though HUMMER’s future is in doubt right now, that didn’t stop one fleet company from ordering 849 HUMMERs to be built at Shreveport’s H3/H3T production plant. GM wouldn’t release any info on who the mystery fleet company is, but rental-car companies are often top of mind with large, factory-direct orders.
GM had previously shut down production of all HUMMERs at the Shreveport plant in January, but will bring the plant back online between April 12th and May 13th to fill the request.
HUMMER production will not affect Canyon or Colorado production which shares the Shreveport Assembly and Stamping facility.
According to GM, the production announcement is unrelated to the sale of the HUMMER brand or the continuation of the wind-down process in which it is continuing to consider proposals for HUMMER.
It does, however, show that there is still demand for HUMMERs, even with the brand’s future in doubt.
- Contents of HUMMER Deal Leaked Online, H4 Coming by 2012?
- Shreveport HUMMER Plant to Close by 2012
- Chinese HUMMER Plant Coming?
- Tengzhong: No Plans for HUMMER Plant in China
- General Motors Cuts HUMMER Production at H2, H3 Plants