According to Autoweek, GM has hired Citibank to assist in the strategic review of the HUMMER brand. Citibank is the consumer and corporate banking arm of financial services giant Citigroup, and will undoubtedly be the institution that will be shopping the HUMMER brand around to potential suitors. Allowing an outside bank to handle the full or partial sale gives HUMMER more time to focus on the alternative option of revamping its product portfolio. According to GM, work on present and future HUMMER models is ongoing, despite news that some future models have been put on hold.
- General Motors Officially Enters ‘Sale Option’ Stage of HUMMER Brand Review
- GM Ends Strategic Review of HUMMER, Sale Imminent
- HUMMER HX Makes British Debut
- GM’s strategic review may reach beyond HUMMER
- Official Word from GM Regarding HUMMER Brand Review