GM announced privately to its dealers this morning via conference call that it would begin the wind-down process of the HUMMER brand after an exhaustive search to find a buyer was unsuccessful. According to dealers we spoke with, GM indicated they would soon receive letters containing the announcement and an explanation of the wind-down process.
Earlier this morning, we learned that many senior HUMMER staff members had been reassigned, and the conference call to dealers confirmed that GM does indeed to shut down the HUMMER brand indefinitely.
We will bring you more information as we know more.
- HUMMER Sale Looking Unlikely
- Search for HUMMER Buyer Continues
- HUMMER CEO Compares Buyer Search to Speed Dating
- General Motors Announces Wind-Down of HUMMER Brand
- GM Confirms HUMMER Announcement Delay